On January 24th, 2023, Ovation Technology received the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Beloved Community Award in the business category by the Washington State Department of Social Health Services.
Established this year, the award goes to a business that demonstrates commitment to antiracism and elimination of white supremacy through acts of service that include:
- Contribution to an experience of belonging in the community, with customers, and within their workplace.
- Making antiracism integral to leadership, business strategy, and operations.
- Proactive action that ensures voice of Black communities and other communities of color are included in business planning, decision making, and budgeting.
- Engages in individual and community development actions that have a beneficial impact on Black communities and other communities of color.
- A business model that includes volunteerism, mentoring, internships, or other like actions that develops individuals and communities of color.
“Through Ovation Technology’s work in the community and its business partnership with DSHS, beginning at the peak of COVID-19 response that required the immediate shift of employees from the office with desktops to home offices with laptops. Ovation Technology enabled our department to acquire computer equipment quickly and efficiently. Your work in the community and the commitment of Ovation Technology to increase diversity and inclusion in the technology field also benefits all Washingtonians.”
– Jessica Zinda, Chief Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer at Office of Equity, Diversity, Access, and Inclusion | Office of the Secretary Department of Social and Health Services